Web Wizards (WW) is committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality, and security of your personal information. As part of this commitment, the following Ten Privacy Principles govern our actions as they relate to the use of customer information. The principles have been built upon the values set by the Canadian Standards Association’s Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
- Principle 1 – Accountability
- Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes
- Principle 3 – Consent
- Principle 4 – Limiting Collection
- Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
- Principle 6 – Accuracy
- Principle 7 – Safeguarding Customer Information
- Principle 8 – Openness
- Principle 9 – Customer Access
- Principle 10 – Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
Principle 1 – Accountability
WW is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information under its control. WW has designated an individual who is accountable for compliance with the Ten Privacy Principles.
Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Personal information may only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. Personal information may only be retained for the period of time required to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law.
Principle 9 – Customer Access
Upon request, a customer shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of their personal information, and shall be given access to it. Customers may verify the accuracy and completeness of their personal information, and may request that it be amended, if appropriate.
Principle 10 – Handling Customer Complaints and Suggestions
Customers may direct any questions or enquiries with respect to the privacy principles outlined above or about our practices by contacting:
Web Wizards Privacy Officer
315 Pacific Ave.
Winnipeg, MB R3A 0M3
What information does Web Wizards collect? How does Web Wizards collect this information, and how is it used?
- We collect personal information such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses and some demographic information when submitted by you through our customer registration process, surveys and/or other information gathering processes.
- Your e-mail address is used only to send you information you’ve requested (such as electronic newsletters), to administer surveys, and/or to respond to communications from you. Demographic information is only used in summary form to assist us in identifying our audiences and their interests, or to help us develop conclusions about survey results. We do not use this information for other purposes.
- We also use “cookies,” or small pieces of information that we store on users’ computers (see definition below), to recognize returning visitors and monitor traffic through our site. Cookies identify you as a unique visitor to our site, enabling us to effectively aggregate site usage statistics to improve our website and make it more user-friendly.
- If, at any time, you want to correct, update or delete any of the information we have collected from you, or you do not want to receive any further information from us, let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please be sure to include in your message the means by which such information was submitted (e.g. our registration or other information-gathering processes) and the e-mail address you used so that we can verify your request.
What is a “cookie”?
- A cookie is a small file containing an ID number that is stored on users’ computers. It is transferred to your hard drive by a Web server, and can only be read by that server. A cookie will not transmit information that you did not provide to us. Cookies are used, for example, to help identify unique visitors to a website and/or to help the user access their own data from a Web server data base.
Does Web Wizards distribute individually identifiable information that it gathers to third parties?
- No, we do not sell, trade, or disclose to third parties any customer identifiable information.
How does Web Wizards store my personally identifiable information?
- WW stores information in secure databases which can be accessed only by password.